Pakistan

Current issues and comments...

Helplessness

Bookmark and Share

I have been indisposed for last two weeks. My friend took me along to get his car checked up from a workshop. While walking up to the car, after the check up, I unknowingly put my right foot on a greesy patch, slipped and fell down with all my body weight instinctively falling on my right hand. We immediately went to a nearby hospital. I was given a couple of injections and x-rayed. Fortunately, there was no fracture. However, the pain in my right arm was so severe that I remained off from my work and also from blogging for some days. I could not move my arm freely. Any movement, advertant or inadvertant, would cause crying pain. I did not know as to which position I should keep my arm in so as to avoid pain. I could not lift or carry anything with the right arm. It was hard to bathe and change clothes., eat and drink. I became lethargic avoiding work which I could not do and also the one which I could do. The pain hasn't gone yet, but its intensity has reduced and I am back to work.

IF I was superstitious, I would have put the blame on my friend who is lucky that I did not attribute this accident to him. My friend opined that if this accident had occurred in a developed world country, I would have sued the workshop people for the greesy patch and got handsome monetary compensation. However, all these days, my thoughts centered around the difficulties faced by the disabled persons whose limbs; one, two, three or all four are either amputated or are non functional. Although, even now, it is hard for me to fully comprehend the insurmountable difficulties faced by the disabled, I had a chance to have a feel of the sembalance of it. Whatever we have, we take it for granted until we are deprived of it. The value of the blessings is truly realized once we have to live without these. The other thought which came to my mind was as to how within a fraction of a second my right hand instinctively moved to voluntarily bear the weight of my body to save it from a bigger loss. Why don't we all react that quickly and selflessly to save our fellow human beings including the near and dear ones. Yet another thought which prevails over me is that worse could have happened. How helpless we all are! This is what I go through every time I fall sick. However, every time I get well, these thoughts move away and I get busy in my normal routine. How forgetful we humans are!

Labels:

posted @ 4:28 PM,

5 Comments:

At September 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

I asked myself this question. If I were 'your friend,' I would been feeling a lil 'gilt.' It is only human. No?

 
At September 4, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Blogger Admin said...

One should feel guilty only if one has genuinely done wrong to some one.

 
At September 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Blogger Asghar Javed said...

No. No. This guilt is not for doing something wrong. This guilt is a feeling like 'oh, I wish I had not brought my friend here in this situation. May be he would had avoided that eventuality.' What you think?

 
At September 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Blogger Admin said...

One may have that feeling but I don't consider it a guilt. It was to happen so it happened.

 
At May 15, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max
nike air max 2014
nike free 4.0
nike free run 2015
black christian louboutin
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
mbt Shoes
mbt shoes sale
fitflops on sale
fitflop shoes
Kobe Shoes
Nike Air Huarache
louboutin shoes
christian louboutin outlet
jordans 2016
jordans shoes
new jordan shoes
Jordan 5 fire red
online outlet stores
coach outlet stores
Michael Kors Online Outlet
2015 michael kors outlet
michael kors sale
michael kors handbags on sale
michael kors hamilton
michael kors tote
kobe shoes
jordans 11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Light Within

Enter your email address:

ss_blog_claim=03d8e6775be28c55a55381ec573340ab ss_blog_claim=03d8e6775be28c55a55381ec573340ab